Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Whhhat the F*&%# !!???????

In preparation for the big weekend there's been some necessary gear purchased, tune ups, lots of laundry, and meditation sessions [aka-OMG, WTF am i about to do?]

Over the past weekend I noticed how thin my cleats were wearing on my cycling shoes. My Saturday ride was cut short [55 miles] because of a busted cleat, so when I took my bike in for a tune up I purchased new cleats. Now if you are not aware of how or why cyclist 'clip in' to the pedals then here's the gist;
how:
you place a small piece of metal on the bottom of a special shoe
you 'clip in' to a small pedal on your bike.
you 'twist out' when you need to get off your bike.
why:
you get more push for your shove - ya know what I'm sayin'?

Now last spring when i purchased my hybrid, I bought the spd pedals and shoes and learned right away how to clip in. It was more difficult for me to put the special pedals on[and figure out how to take the regular ones off] than to learn how to clip, and un-clip.
I've heard horror stores of people falling and injuring themselves because they cant turn out of the pedal. I NEVER had this issue. I clipped and un-clipped like lance Armstrong's first born child. It was nothin'

So, to my amazement, today when I took a ride here's what happened:

1st stop light, no cars, no need to unclip

2nd Stop light--Comm Ave--lots of city traffic, NBD, I do this all the time...un-clip, un clip, un-clip.....UN CLIP!!!!
I become stagnant, lost my balance and feel to the ground. Hurting my precious. My orange giant I saved all my tips for months for :(

WTF just happened? I've done this for like a year and never had a problem! ok, maybe they need some loosening...just be on your A game and twist a little faster.

3rd Stop light [fenway park, redsox game and lots of red sox fans]
un-clip, un-clip, twist you asshole, fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!! down again?

WTF- [yep, I'm cursing up a storm...embarrassed,pissed because I fell?!? and pissed because there are drunken sox fans everywhere along with taxi jerks honkin there gosh darn horns]
As I'm picking up my beautiful giant again, some woman rides by me...she has one of those old lady bikes with the flower basket and bells that sound like the ice cream truck when you ring it. She's actually quite large, and i look at her and think "wtf are you looking at".... yea, i was angry. She says 'oh honey, you okay"? I say, while giggling [cause what else could i do but smile and laugh at my stupid ass] yes, thank you, I'm apparently having some issues.

Beacon St and St. Paul ---aka fall #3
Now, I'm just thinking, twist god dammit, just twist...why cant i twist like before?
♪♫just twist, like we did last summer, just twist, like we did before♪♫ .......stop light, another crazy lady on her bike [it had a basket too, but this woman was much more mean witch from wizard of oz---dun dun dun dun da da da......] She positions herself so i cant move around her of the vehicle blocking our bike lane. i managed to twist my left out, but i could not keep by balance and fell to my right- thank god.

I took another lap around working on the twisting, and eventually loosening up the pedals. Hopefully this is remedied. I don't need to be fallin all over billy Starr this weekend!



I look like I was just mad handled by Wolverine.

No comments:

Post a Comment