Thursday, April 23, 2009

"These are only your limits because you haven’t pushed them farther yet"

Les and I have been in serious training mode these past 2 weeks, attending every spin class possible, and we’re starting to see the payoff. Not only between classes, but within classes themselves, I can feel my form improving, my legs getting stronger, and my breathing staying more consistent. This is serious progress.

Of course, the sessions are still a bitch to get through, cause like Mike says: The class never gets easier, you just get faster. But this initial improvement is noticeable and it confirms another of Mike’s go-to lines: These are only your limits because you haven’t pushed them farther yet. A great motto I’ve tried to use on my current LSAT students, though, admittedly, with mixed success.

But even if my students aren’t drinking the Kool Aid, I sure as hell am, so I’ve started applying this motto to as many aspects of my life as possible. And this weekend I discovered a different kind of limit that the Pan-Mass is helping me to push- my credit card limit.

Saturday afternoon, Les and I took a little joyride over to Farina’s bike shop in Watertown – an official sponsor of the PMC – so that I could buy some bike shoes and we could collectively drool over the brand spanking new road bikes.

And that’s when it happened. We fell in love:


30 speed drivertrain, Kenda Kriterium tires, ALUXX SL frame, road-smoothing carbon fork (whatever that means). Damn, that’s one sexy bike. I wanna take it home and ride it. My butt wants to be up on it. I could go on.

Lust, love, call it want you want, but that bike will be mine. The only hitch, unsurprisingly, is that all that sexiness comes at a hefty price. I won’t even go into the exact figures, but Senate Prez Terry Murray would definitely have yelled out an emphatic “Cha-Ching!” had she been with us on Saturday.

But hey, someone’s gotta stimulate the economy and I intend to do my part- Time to take this training battle to the streets!

No comments:

Post a Comment